Worship Leader (Sample Job Description)
Principle Function: Worship Leader is responsible for the development of a worship ministry capable of providing inspiring, instructive and productive music experiences in worship through individual, congregational, choral and ensemble music.
Supervisor: The Worship Leader will be accountable to the Pastor and Personnel Committee.
Objectives of the Position:
1. To connect people to God and the church through praise and worship.
2. To lead the congregation in worship and create an atmosphere conducive to personal and numerical growth.
3. To provide specialized guidance in the development and implementation of the highest
quality worship ministry possible by working to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
4. To mentor individuals or groups as worship leaders as needed for all areas of the music ministry and church life.
5. To assist in any area of the church as needed as a member of the ministerial staff.
1. Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of the corporate worship
ministry of our church.
2. Plan and lead worship services of the church. Coordinate the worship rehearsals.
3. Assist in the preparation of the worship and music budget.
4. Direct the sanctuary choir and musical ensembles as needed for the worship ministry.
5. Coordinate the training, mentoring and service of instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals in cooperation with the choir director.
6. Develop potential worship leaders within the congregation.
7. Communicate and cooperate with other members of the worship ministry as needed.